Talking on the telephone makes some people uncomfortable. This is made worse if they are using the phone for business purposes.
A key to overcoming discomfort is training on how to handle others telephonically.
Developing these necessary skills helps with client relations, business cold-calling scenarios and general phone etiquette.
This practical workshop will focus on business standards to improve company image, enhance customer service and ultimately boost profits.
Reasons for Telephone Skills
• Retain customers
• Gain new customers
• Exceed expectations
• Avoid repeat calls – be cost conscious and respectful
• Create a positive atmosphere
• Leaving a lasting impression
• Diffuse anger
• Cut through confusion
• Show respect towards the tool that is responsible for generating business
• Why not to perceive the telephone as an interruption
• Managing calls and emails through good time management
• Ways to adopt a good in-house telephonic and email policy
• Procedures in answering and making calls
• Speaking with positive intent and professionalism
• Active listening, positive assertiveness and feedback
• Etiquette and procedures with cellular telephones
• Email correspondence – presentation, grammar and spelling
• Formality vs informality
• Taking control of the call and staying focused
• Dealing with a variety callers and character profiles
• Adopting a "one company one image" approach